This year will be the fourth instalment of the exciting EduTECH Africa conference and exhibition. We are excited to attend and to learn more about EdTech solutions available to schools. The conference also features some excellent speakers who will inspire us to become better teachers in the 21st Century.
With six streams and over 150 speakers each discussing gripping topics and overflowing ideas, the conference will inspire change in the African EdTech industry.
By bringing together the thought leaders in education from across Africa and the world, EduTECH Africa will inspire the audience. Educators will be challenged to
There are different streams to attend, including Early Childhood Development, K-12 Learders, K-12 IT and Special Education Needs.
These are some of the session we are looking forward to (part of the conference):
Classroom 2030: Incorporating the future now
- Creating a framework for innovation
- Modernising the classroom and capitalising on learning
- Developing students critical digital and creative skills
- Empowering teachers to lead and students to learn
Connectivity: moving from traditional teachers to connected teachers
- Allowing teachers to lead digital innovation in the classroom
- Keeping students engaged – connecting to a new world of experts
- Keeping UX in mind
- Increasing student engagement through social media
Teachers as brain-changers: Empowering the teacher to teach differently
- Solving the mystery of how students learn – what can be done differently?
- The science of learning – engaging students, closing learning gaps and overcoming setbacks
- How technology complements science and the classroom
- Imagery and the real world
- Adopting a “growth mind-set”
Protecting the frontlines: Top 5 tips for securing teacher and student data online
- Initiatives that aim to spark student interest and awareness in cyber security
- Incorporating the topic into afterschool programmes and classroom lessons
- Building a culture of digital ethics
- Identifying critical data and dealing with it separately
- Should this service be outsourced?
There are also free seminars which you can attend including:
- Google Apps for your classroom
- Teaching computational thinking and coding
- Using integrated multimedia to improve confidence in critical concepts in FET gateway subjects
- and more!
EduTECH Africa: Africa’s Largest EdTech Exhibition & Conference
9 – 10 October 2018
Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg
Teacha! is a media partner of EduTECH Africa 2018. You can visit us at stand number 60.