Finding a permanent departmental post in South Africa can be difficult. When vacancies arise during the school year, and temporary as well as contract positions open at schools, many schools advertise on RSA Teaching Jobs. The provincial Departments of Education, however, has their own vacancy lists that can be accessed at various times per year.
The Western Cape Education Department is the only department that has an online application system for post level 1 teachers, as well as all other post levels and office-based employees. For the other provinces, you’ll have to wait for it to be released as a PDF on the relevant Department’s website.
Here is a list of all the Provincial Education Departments’ vacancies pages:
- Western Cape teacher e-recruitment
- Gauteng teacher vacancies / Gazette
- Free State Education Department Gazettes
- Mpumalanga Education Department vacancies
- KwaZulu-Natal Education Department vacancies
- Northern Cape Education Department vacancies
- Eastern Cape Education Department vacancies
- Limpopo Education Department vacancies
- North West Education Department vacancies
Remember to sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know of the latest vacancies advertised by schools all over South Africa.